The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificates and Subsidiary Diplomas in Creative Media Production focus on specific sub-sectors of the media industries and are skills based qualifications.
● give learners the opportunity to achieve a nationally recognised level 3 vocationally specific qualification, either to enter employment in the creative media sector or to progress to higher education vocational qualifications such as the Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Creative Media Production
● give learners the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and understanding relevant to the media industries in an applied learning context
● give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.
This is a two-year course in which you will complete the following two mandatory units:
1 Pre-Production Techniques for the Creative Media Industries
2 Communication Skills for Creative Media Production
You will also complete a range of optional units encompassing the skills needed in interactive media products.
· A grade C at GCSE in ICT or related qualification
· An interest in Creative Media
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Good attendance.
Why choose BTEC Creative Media?
The Creative Industries are a fast-growing area of the economy and are key to economic success. Northern Ireland and the UK have an established reputation in these industries. The study of Creative Media creates a pathway to a future career in a Creative Industries related field and develops key transferrable skills for use in many careers.